Your First Visit
Dr. Chris Kan
Tuesday to Thursday
8:00 am to 8:00 pm
closed Friday to Monday
2696 Arbutus Street
(at West 11th Avenue)
Vancouver, BC V6J 5L8
Your First Visit
We are excited to welcome you to our office as a new patient. Here are some details you should know about before you arrive:
By the end of your first visit, you should have a clear understanding of your oral health as well as an appreciation for the high standard of care we provide.
- Dental Insurance? Due to recent federal privacy legislation, many insurance companies will not release any information to us regarding your dental insurance plan, including what services are covered and to what percentage.
For this reason, all patients -- whether they have insurance coverage or not -- are treated equally and pay for their services at the time of their visits.
We will submit your claims automatically (where possible), directly to your insurance and in most cases, you should receive your reimbursement within 3-14 business days. Most importantly, we do all the work for you!
If you (or your spouse) have dental insurance, we need three things to expedite sending out your claims, when you call to book:
1) name of the insurance company
2) group number and ID number of the policy holder
3) birthdate of the policy holder
- Fees? We currently charge fees for basic services (e.g. examinations, cleanings, fillings) in line with the current British Columbia Dental Fee Guide. This means that should you enjoy 100% insurance coverage on basic services, you should be fully reimbursed for eligible treatment.
- Payment Options? We accept VISA, Mastercard, debit, and cash. We do not accept personal cheques.
- Transferring from Another Office? No problem. It's simple to be a new patient at our office.
If your existing x-rays were taken within the past 12 months, we can call your previous office on your behalf and request that those x-rays be sent to us.
If they're older than a year, their diagnostic value is limited and we can take new x-rays.
Just let us know when you book your visit - again, we'll do all the work for you.
- What Happens? Please reserve at least two hours of your time in order for us to perform a thorough examination and complimentary oral cancer screening,
review your intra-oral images and digital x-rays with you, and discuss in detail any particular concerns. Where time permits and depending on your oral health,
we can usually complete your cleaning as well.
We will present your treatment options in order of priority and can provide a written estimate for the proposed treatment.